- Amazon Route 53 to help you get a website or web application up and running.
- Hope you have followed my previous blog posts for deploying Serverless React Applications for deploying the application into s3 and pointing a custom domain in cloudfront with ssl.
- copy the domain name for the created distribution from the previous blog post.
- Login to your AWS Console
- Now Go to the services menu in the top left and search for ‘route 53’ and choose the same.
- In the left side menus click on ‘Hosted zones’ and now click on the domain name that you wish to add your react application.
- Now click on ‘Create Record Set’ and you would see the form to create record set in the right side.
- In the name box provide a name which will be a sub domain.
- You would find Alias radio button below it.Choose ‘Yes’.
- In the ‘Alias Target’ paste the copied cloudfront url.
- Now Click ‘Create’ button.
- Wait for sometime for DNS to propopgate
- Now go to a new tab and type the new domain that you created
- Wow!! you should see your react application in your new domain with SSL setup.
Happy React and AWS!!!